Frequently Asked Questions

What are the minimum and maximum payments per month and year?

Monthly – minimum £5; maximum £416
Annually – minimum £60; maximum £5,000
The above limits are as set out in the Club rules, amended from time to time. Please ensure your contributions are round pounds only – do not include pence.

When is my monthly standing order payment due?

They are due on the 15th of the month.

I have changed banks and my bank is transferring all my standing orders for me. Do I need to tell you?

No. The bank will deal with the new arrangement. We can send you a new standing order form if you wish to change the bank account.

I would like to decrease/increase my monthly/annual payments?

Your payments are made by standing order and not direct debit, so we can either send you a replacement standing order form, or you can simply contact your bank direct. As long as you stay between the min and max for the month/year, you have no need to contact us. We will be aware of the changes when we do the monthly accounts.

I live abroad, do you accept money from international banks?

Yes, but we can only receive sterling and any transaction charges must be suffered by the member.

Can I make one lump sum payment?

Annual payments are allowed. A lump sum can also be paid as a one-off to top up your contributions.

Can I put my holding into an ISA?

No, professional advice states that it is not possible.


We can pay withdrawals by way of electronic transfer to members’ bank accounts instead of cheque payments. If you would prefer this option we still require the request in writing but will also require details of the member’s bank account, i.e. name on account (must include member’s name), sort code and account number. We have withdrawal forms available for you to fill out if you wish. As long as we have the correct details, we aim to have any withdrawal payments made by 15th of the month following withdrawal request. Please contact us if you have any queries. We suggest that when a member sends any personal data to us through the post that it is sent by recorded delivery.

When will I receive the payment?

Payment by cheque or electronic transfer will be made on approximately 15th of the month, following the month of request.


I would like to take some money out but stay with the club.

You will need to write to us (we need an original signature for our files) stating how many units or £’s you would like to take out and that you wish to remain with the club. You can continue to make contributions or let your remaining units “ride”. To remain a member of CMIC you must leave at least £20 worth of units in the Club. All withdrawals are subject to a ‘’bid/offer spread’’ charge as per 3(ii) of the Rules.

I would like to leave the club.

You will need to write to us stating that you no longer wish to remain a CMIC member (a signature is required). You will need to make sure that your standing order is cancelled immediately on doing this. It would be helpful if you could explain why you have decided to leave.

I would like to stop payments but still continue as a member.

That is fine. Members are able to let their investments ‘ride’, as long as they have a minimum of £20 in the Club.

I would like to know how much I have?

Statements are issued quarterly made up to March (the Club’s year end), June, September and December each year. Members may contact us at any time for an up-to-date valuation.

I need to know units etc for tax purposes?

Details are sent out after the March year end with the Annual Report. In the event of loss, duplicate tax certificates can usually be obtained from the Admin Office on request, but please note that there is a £10.00 charge for this service.

I am acting for a member who has died, what should I do?

If you would like the investment repaid, we need the original death certificate and the Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration (details available from your local County Court). The investment will be frozen as soon as we are notified of the death. If a spouse or other next of kin would prefer to take over the investment, then this can be done. We need the paperwork per above and you must be a member of CAMRA. Alternatively, and with effect from 13/06/20 it is now possible for executors to request that the units remain invested in the club for a further period of up to 12 months while they decide what to do for the best. The tax consequences, if any, of taking up this option will vary from estate to estate and executors should take their own advice on the matter.